For those patients who are in pain and chose to continue coming to therapy, we can assure you that we are doing everything possible to ensure a safe patient care environment, including the following additional precautions:
- STAGGERING PATIENT CARE TEAMS: We have staggered our patient care schedules to minimize overlap between patient care teams. This will reduce the total people present in the office at any one time and therefore, limit any unnecessary additional risk to patients and staff members.
- CLEANING PROTOCOLS: We have increased the frequency and duration of our typical cleaning protocols throughout our offices with medical strength disinfectant, including wiping all door handles, waiting room chairs, all flat surfaces as well as tables, equipment and machines after each patient. Following completion of patient care in both the morning and afternoon, our team will deep clean all surfaces throughout the clinic with a medical grade cleaner. In addition, we also ensure that our patients have access to hand sanitizer and hand washing stations, as needed.
- PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT: Our staff members are equipped with masks, eye protection and gloves in accordance with CDC guidelines to help slow the spread of the virus.
- TEMPERATURE: We will take temperature of each patient upon their arrival. Anyone who registers at temperature of 100.4 or higher will be required to leave immediately and reschedule their appointment or look into telehealth options.
- DISTANCING: Patients and staff members will be required to maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from each other at all times. In the event a treatment, such a manual therapy or therapeutic stretching requires a distance closer than 2 feet, the therapist will get the patient’s permission to perform the treatment. If the patient is not comfortable with the proximity, the therapist will offer alternative options, including therapeutic exercise, guided self-stretching and strengthening and in some cases, other pain-relieving modalities, such as heat or ice compression.
- WAITING ROOM: Waiting room chairs are placed at least 6 feet apart, however 99% of the time, our patients will not wait in the waiting room at all. Caretakers and family member who are waiting for patients during their appointment will be asked to wait in their car.
- CONFIRMATION OF NO COVID SYMPTOMS: Each staff member and patient is require to confirm that they do not have any symptoms of COVID-19 and that they have not put themselves in a risky social situation recently. These attestations are required for in office treatment.
- SICK PATIENTS WILL BE SENT HOME IMMEDIATELY: Anyone who is not feeling well will be asked to reschedule their visit after they are feeling better. We can assure you that we will never charge a cancellation fee to anyone who doesn’t feel comfortable with in person visits due to coronavirus fears.
- TELEHEALTH: We offer telehealth appointments for anyone who is not comfortable with in office care and for those patients who are not feeling well and must cancel their appointment in the office.