For those patients who are in pain and chose to continue coming to therapy, we can assure you that we are doing everything possible to ensure a safe patient care environment, including the following additional precautions:
- SEPARATING PATIENT CARE TEAMS: Three person “patient care teams” including a PT, PTA and front desk associate, have been assigned either a morning or afternoon “shift” at each office and will be working their remaining hours managing patient care remotely from their home. Care will be taken to ensure teams maintain separate schedules and do not overlap at all. This will limit total people present in the office at any one time and therefore, limit any unnecessary additional risk to patients and staff members.
- CLEANING PROTOCOLS: We have increased the frequency and duration of our typical cleaning protocols throughout our offices with medical strength disinfectant, including wiping all door handles, waiting room chairs, all flat surfaces as well as tables, equipment and machines after each patient. Following completion of patient care in both the morning and afternoon, our team will deep clean all surfaces throughout the clinic with a medical grade cleaner. In addition, we also ensure that our patients have access to hand sanitizer and hand washing stations, as needed.
- SCHEDULING: We have adjusted our schedule to allow fewer patient visits each day. Each PT/PTA team will see a maximum of 10 patients per day, with few exceptions. This will allow ample time for 1-on-1 care as well as very limited interaction with anyone outside your patient care team. Some patients visit times will change due to this adjustment.
- DISTANCING: Patients and staff members will be required to maintain a distance of at least 4-6 feet from each other at all times. In the event a treatment, such a manual therapy or therapeutic stretching requires a distance closer than 2 feet, the therapist will get the patient’s permission to perform the treatment. If the patient is not comfortable with the proximity, the therapist will offer alternative options, including therapeutic exercise, guided self-stretching and strengthening and in some cases, other pain-relieving modalities, such as heat or ice compression.
- WAITING ROOM: Waiting room chairs are placed at least 6 feet apart, however 99% of the time, our patients will not wait in the waiting room at all. Caretakers and family member who are waiting for patients during their appointment will be asked to wait in their car.
- SICK PATIENTS WILL BE SENT HOME IMMEDIATELY: Anyone who is not feeling well will be asked to reschedule their visit after they are feeling better. We can assure you that we will never charge a cancellation fee to anyone who doesn’t feel comfortable with in person visits due to coronavirus fears.