HARTZ PT’s Medically Adapted Gym (MAG) is a unique monthly fitness program which identifies and addresses strengths and weaknesses of each member to develop a customized plan that is monitored and progressed by a qualified professional in a welcoming small-gym environment. The MAG program is available at our Lancaster-West location.
WHY go to the MAG?
- An initial evaluation by a licensed Doctor of Physical Therapy will identify any areas of concern, individual strengths and weaknesses (billable to insurance)
- Customized exercise plan is created and progressed by an Exercise Physiologist (4 year degree)
- Scheduled appointments supervised by our qualified professionals keep you safe and accountable
- Month-to-month membership fee with no long-term contract or initiation fees.
- Less intimidating environment than commercial gyms allows all members to feel comfortable and supported to progress at their own pace
Our MAG program is a great option for a wide variety of individuals including:
- Those who would like a little extra guidance in their workouts in order to reduce the risk of injury
- Those who feel intimidated by commercial gyms and are looking for a more intimate, comfortable space in which to achieve their fitness goals
- Patients who have been discharged from PT but need additional supervision before returning to the traditional gym
- Individuals interested in beginning a general exercise and conditioning program
With your M.A.G. membership, an exercise physiologist is always on-site and available to assist you with your fitness goals. This expert advice and guidance is included in your monthly fee!
Top 5 Reasons To Join The M.A.G.
- Welcoming Environment: Intimate and encouraging atmosphere helps members feel comfortable.
- No Fine Print: No initiation or administrative fees, ever! No annual contract…want to take a month off? No problem!
- Goal-Oriented: Fitness evaluations every 8 weeks keep you on track.
- Scheduled appointments: help keep members accountable.
- Keep the past in past: Through an initial evaluation, we can document any past injuries or illnesses, to help you achieve your goals with minimal risk of additional injury.
MAG Hours – Lancaster-West:
Monday: 7am-11:30am and 12pm-7:00pm
Tuesday: 7am-11:30am and 3pm-6:30pm
Thursday: 7am-11:30am and 3pm-6:30pm
More questions? Email our M.A.G. Director, Aaron Brustad at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 717-735-8880 and ask for Aaron
For the past several years, we have had a wonderful experience in the Medically-Adapted Gym at HARTZ Physical Therapy. In a uniquely small group setting, we are given exercises that meet our specific needs and abilities. Our scheduled time keeps us faithfully disciplined in attending three times every week, with an added bonus of an atmosphere of camaraderie with others and a professional team of coaches. While committing to an exercise program can be personally challenging, striving to be fit has never been easier than it is with the MAG.
Ron and Colleen, MAG Clients
I came to Hartz Physical Therapy suffering from lower back pain and balance problems. Dan was very skilled in muscle therapy and balance exercises to gradually strengthen my back muscles and restore my balance to prevent falling. I was then able to transition into the MAG (Medically Adaptive Gym) program at Hartz. At MAG Aaron created an individual exercise program for me to maintain and increase my muscle strength and keep improving my balance. The tools I received during physical therapy and the MAG program at Hartz have greatly improved my quality of life. They are THE BEST!
Barb H, Lancaster-West patient and MAG client