Ensure a Successful Surgery & Quick Recovery
Our primary goal following surgery is to give you the tools you need to restore function and return you to the activities you love without pain. In addition, there is growing evidence that Prehabilitation (improving functional capacity prior to surgery) leads to a reduction of complications and a faster recovery.
Our post-surgery 1-on-1 treatment emphasizes hands-on techniques that are proven to result in better outcomes. We work closely with your surgeon to create an efficient and effective path to recovery, while helping you manage your pain without the excessive use of prescription drugs.
We specialize in physical therapy for:
- Partial and total joint replacements/revisions
- Back and neck surgeries
- Rotator cuff, labrum, & acromioplasty surgeries of the shoulder
- ACL, PCL, MCL, LCL, & meniscus surgeries of the knee
- Ankle surgeries
- ORIF (plates and screws) surgeries for fractures
- Elbow, hand and wrist surgeries
- Hip labral repair
Your therapist will help you with the following:
- Improving flexibility, strength, and balance
- Decreasing pain and swelling
- Increasing joint mobility
- Improving cardiopulmonary health
- Reducing the formation of scar tissue post-surgery
- Reducing complications such as blood clots, infection, and joint contractures.
Treatment may include:
- Manual therapy including massage and mobilization through stretching of muscles.
- Exercises designed to target specific muscles and joints.
- Aquatic therapy for ease of movement and decreased stress on joints